Caring For Kids And Teens
One in 10 children and adolescents experiences emotional, behavioral or substance abuse issues that is serious enough to negatively impact relationships at home, school and in the community.
As a full-service community mental health center, Counseling & Recovery Services treats all mental, emotional and behavioral illnesses including depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia. We also treat substance abuse. Our agency provides services to people without insurance, with Medicaid and some private insurances. Our children’s services are available from birth to age 25.
List of Services
No child or adolescent needs to go without help. Our services are available regardless of ability to pay in our offices, in homes and in schools for easy access.
- Counseling: Working with children and their families, licensed therapists identify the causes of behavior and create a plan for change that can include supportive counseling, behavior coaching
medication management. and
- Crisis Care/CALM Center: immediate crisis intervention is available for youth ages 10-17 any time of day or night. Youth receive intense treatment, staying at the CALM Center for up to seven days, while families receive education and support. Continued care is arranged as each youth leaves the center.
- Family Support/Wraparound Tulsa: Customized coordination of community services is available for children, adolescents and young adults ages 0-25 and their families in crisis or at risk of crisis due to a child’s complex behavioral health issues. Teams include staff members who experienced raising a child with behavioral health issues. These staff members are available to
helpany time of day or night.
- Transition Services: Support is available for youth ages 17-25 with behavioral health issues and inadequate skills for successful independence.
- Services in Schools: Provide early in-school intervention for students who need help changing behaviors to succeed in school and life.
The Latest At CRSOK
TULSA, Okla. — The permitless or “constitutional carry” law goes into effect throughout the State of Oklahoma on Friday November 1, 2019. Within the confines of that law, Counseling and Recovery Services of Oklahoma (CRSOK), a private nonprofit community mental health center, will maintain its no-gun policy. CRSOK is the only Oklahoma community mental health center certified in the...
TULSA – Renovations to The CALM Center were revealed in a ribbon cutting ceremony on Wednesday September 25th at 2:15pm. An open house celebration with tours of the facility followed until 5pm. Counseling & Recovery Services’ leadership team, campaign donors, district legislators and project architects cut the ceremonial ribbon. Pictured here: Shannon Marshall, GH2 Architects; Emily Dukes,...
We Depend on You. You Make The Difference! YOUR generosity supports our mission to restore dignity and help build better lives through behavioral health and substance abuse services. Lives Depend on Us Because... 14% of Tulsans experience mental health issuesDepression is the leading cause of suicideOklahoma ranks 8th in the nation for suicide rate96% of clients are low to no income &...
Get In Touch
The CALM Center
Follow us on
Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline