Caring For Kids And Teens
One in 10 children and adolescents experiences emotional, behavioral or substance abuse issues that is serious enough to negatively impact relationships at home, school and in the community.
As a full-service community mental health center, Counseling & Recovery Services treats all mental, emotional and behavioral illnesses including depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia. We also treat substance abuse. Our agency provides services to people without insurance, with Medicaid and some private insurances. Our children’s services are available from birth to age 25.
List of Services
No child or adolescent needs to go without help. Our services are available regardless of ability to pay in our offices, in homes and in schools for easy access.
- Counseling: Working with children and their families, licensed therapists identify the causes of behavior and create a plan for change that can include supportive counseling, behavior coaching
medication management. and
- Crisis Care/CALM Center: immediate crisis intervention is available for youth ages 10-17 any time of day or night. Youth receive intense treatment, staying at the CALM Center for up to seven days, while families receive education and support. Continued care is arranged as each youth leaves the center.
- Family Support/Wraparound Tulsa: Customized coordination of community services is available for children, adolescents and young adults ages 0-25 and their families in crisis or at risk of crisis due to a child’s complex behavioral health issues. Teams include staff members who experienced raising a child with behavioral health issues. These staff members are available to
helpany time of day or night.
- Transition Services: Support is available for youth ages 17-25 with behavioral health issues and inadequate skills for successful independence.
- Services in Schools: Provide early in-school intervention for students who need help changing behaviors to succeed in school and life.
The Latest At CRSOK
TULSA, Okla. — The permitless or “constitutional carry” law goes into effect throughout the State of Oklahoma on Friday November 1, 2019. Within the confines of that law, Counseling and Recovery Services of Oklahoma (CRSOK), a private nonprofit community mental health center, will maintain its no-gun policy. CRSOK is the only Oklahoma community mental health center certified in the...
Tulsa, OK – In June 2019, historic flooding destroyed many homes and lives throughout Oklahoma. According to the American Psychological Society, as many as four in 10 survivors can experience a mental or behavioral disorder after a disaster, with children, women and the poor disproportionately affected. Many people impacted by this natural disaster may still be experiencing anxiety, depression...
‘Tis the Season for Giving! Join us in spreading holiday cheer by helping a needy child or an entire family this giving season! We invite community supporters to join CRSOK staff, board members and previous donors and adopt children and families by fulfilling their wish lists. Children of all ages make requests for clothing, shoes and other essentials, as well as, toys, books and board games....
Get In Touch
The CALM Center
Follow us on
Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline