This is a great time to declare your independence from emotional, behavioral or substance abuse issues that negatively affect your quality of life.
Recovery is possible with treatment. Studies show 70 to 90 percent of people receiving treatment have a reduction in symptoms and improved quality of life. We are here to help people of all ages achieve recovery. Our Tulsa office accepts walk-ins at 8 a.m. Monday- Friday on a first-come, first-served basis. Our Sand Springs office sets appointments on Monday-Friday for new and returning clients.
The process is not difficult, but it will require commitment. A therapist will help create a treatment plan. A physician will review the diagnosis and identify if medication will help. A case manager will help you stay on track with your treatment plan.
A good support system also is important. Find someone (family member, faith leader, or trusted friend) with your best interest in mind and who:
- Gives good advice
- Assists in taking action
- Has mutual respect and trust
- Allows you independence to grow, change, make decisions
- Listens and shares with you
- Respects your need for confidentiality
- Allows you to express feelings and emotion with no judging, teasing or criticism
- Helps you create a plan for what to do in future difficult situations for better outcomes
Today, identify your hopes dreams and aspirations. How have your mental illness symptoms kept you from achieving them? Are you ready to overcome those obstacles? Today is a good day to start.