The CALM Center is a 24/7 facility serving youth ages 10-17 in a behavioral, emotional or substance abuse crisis. Youth often arrive with only the clothes that they are wearing.
The CALM Center provides behavioral health treatment during a seven-day stay. Youth need changes of clothes, toiletries, bedding, towels, books and games to make their stay more comfortable.
The CALM Center receives and greatly appreciates support from a variety of individuals, groups and foundations in the community. Contact Development Director Taylor Davis at 918.392.5809 or email@example.com to arrange your gift.
The following items are needed:
- Wii Console
- Wii Games (Wii Fit, Dance Games)
- Bean Bag Toss Game
- Soft Noodles (kind one uses for pool activity)
- Outdoor activity items (soft items)
- Books age appropriate (ages 10-17)
- iPod Docking Station
- Hula Hoops
- Magazines (age appropriate 10-17)
- Art Supplies
- Bulletin Board Letters
- Decks of Cards
- Composition Books (Black and White kind for journaling)
- Acrylic Paint
- Self-Care Items
- Boys/Girls Socks (ages 10-17)
- Boys/Girls Underwear (ages 10-17)
- Sports Bras (ages 10-17)
- Deodorant (both boys and girls) (not roll on)
- Gym Shorts (both boys and girls)
- Shirts (neutral both boys and girls)
- Take Home Goodie Bags
- Reusable totes or backpacks (youth sometimes arrive with one set of clothing in a plastic or paper bag)
- Office Items
- New waiting room furniture
- Quartet Bulletin Board for Waiting Area (one with locking case)
- Laminating machine
- QT Gas Cards or monetary donations to help families unable to afford gas to attend family therapy and/or to pick up their children at discharge.